We all love churma ladoo, they are delicious and healthy too. During Ganesh Chaturthi people make these Churma Ladoo’s to serve it to Lord Ganesha. So this festive season try them at home and I am sure you will love them. You can try my other recipes too, Fried Modak, Mawa Modak, Coconut Ladoo, Besan Ladoo Homemade mawa.
1 cup (128g) whole wheat flour/atta
4 tablespoons semolina/suji
½ cup (120ml) clarified butter/ghee
1 cup (200g) powdered sugar
10-12 almonds roughly chopped
10-12 cashews roughly chopped
2 tablespoons raisins/kismish
½ teaspoon cardamom/elachai powder
2 tablespoons roasted poppy seeds
water to knead the dough
ghee/oil for frying
Steps In Making Churma Ladoo
1) In a bowl add wheat flour, semolina and 4-5 teaspoons of ghee and mix them together.
2) Gradually add water and knead to make a stiff dough. Now let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
3)Now make 6 medium size baati’s.
4) Fry them on medium-low flame till they turn golden brown from each side.
5) Once done break them into small pieces and let them cool down for few minutes.
6)In a mixer grinder grind the baati’s till you get a coarse powder texture.
7) Remove the mixture in a large bowl and add powdered sugar, chopped almonds, cashews, raisins and cardamom powder and mix.
8)Lastly add few tablespoons of hot ghee, enough to bind them to form churma ladoo’s If at any point you think the churma ladoo mixture is dry, add more ghee.
9) Roll the churma ladoos in poppy seeds.
10) Cool down completely and then store in the refrigerator for upto 2 weeks, warm them in a microwave for few seconds before serving.