Quick simple and easy Pineapple Sheera. This is yummy and very flavourful.
¾ cup ghee/clarified butter
2 tablespoons raisins/kismish
1 cup suji/rawa/semolina
1.5 cups pineapple finely chopped
3.5 cups water
20-22 saffron strands
¼ teaspoon yellow food colour
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
Steps In Making Pineapple Sheera
1) In a pan heat 1 tablespoon ghee and roast cashews and almonds in it for 2 minutes.
2) Similarly roast raisins for a minute or until they swell up. Once done remove them in a plate.
3) Now add 2 tablespoons of ghee in the same kadai and roast rawa for 3-4 minutes on medium to low heat till it turns light golden and aromatic.
4) In another kadai add a tablespoon of ghee and then add finely chopped pineapple along with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Roast on medium heat for 4-5 minutes until it gets a nice light golden colour.
5) Further add water and bring it to a boil.
Now add roasted rawa and while stirring it continuously cook till the rawa absorbs all the water.
6).Further add sugar and let it dissolve completely.
7).Now add the rest of the ghee and mix well.
8) Lastly add the roasted nuts, raisins and cardamom powder.
9)As the rawa begins to cool down it will slightly thicken, so don’t overcook it. Pineapple sheera is ready. Serve hot.