Are you looking into having employment in the USA? If Yes, then there are details You need to know about the USA work visa given here. Yeah, what you will need in other to apply for a USA work visa, how you can apply, things you need to do to qualify and so on.
Getting a USA work visa will allow you to live and work in the USA but to get this visa you will need to have all the required documents.
USA Work Visa Details, Types, Requirements, FAQs and How to Apply
The USA work visa is for those who are looking to work in the USA. The work visa is usually a temporary visa for employment and there is certain requirement requested from you and also from your employer. On this page, you will learn all about USA work visas, and how to apply for a work visa. There are two ways you can enter the USA for employment.
It could either as a temporary employee or as a permanent or sponsored employee. As a temporary employee, you need to apply for a US non-immigrant visa. But as a sponsored or permanent employee, you will need to apply for an immigrant visa.
What is United States of America Work Visa?
The USA work visa is a visa that allows people to work in the country for a specified amount of time. The amount of time that you will work in the country will be in your employment contract or your visa application.
This visa does not allow individuals to work in the country permanently. To be able to get this visa you will need to make sure you fulfil the USA visa requirements. Also, submit the necessary documents need for your application.
Types of USA Work Visa
Depending on your purpose of wanting to work in the USA and also the kind of job you will be doing there, here is how you will know which visa to apply for. Here is a list of visas to apply for to be able to work in the USA.
- Temporary non-immigrant visa. This visa is for those who are going to work in the country for a set period of time like a year, six months etc.
- Permanent (immigrant) visa. These are for those who with their family can work in the US. They will need to have the right skills and education to apply for this kind of visa and also need to have an existing offer of employment who has the right documents to verify that there are not many workers with this skill set in the country.
- Students and exchange visitors. This visa only covers students and this is students who go there for a vocational program, for academics and those in education or for cultural exchange programs.
- Temporary visit for business. This visa allows you temporary access to the country to conduct business for an instant to negotiate a contract or attend a business convention or seminar
Under these types of visas listed here, there are different categories that cater to your specific need for a Work visa in the U.S.
These are some of the types of visas you can apply for. With these, you will be able to select the one that fits your job description.
How to Apply for USA Work Visa
– How to Apply for Visa Work Permit in America
Already living in the USA either for vacation or for something else and thinking of applying for a working permit. You may not be able to work in the country, to be able to work you will have to have either a green card which also gives you the status to work in the country.
Because the only way to have a work permit in the US is to have an immigration status that allows you to work. So if your immigration status does not involve work, your work permit application will not be approved.
– How to Get a Working Permit Outside America
Want To be able to apply for a working visa outside the USA, firstly, your employer has to have filled in the necessary documents and they get approved. After that, it is for you to take the next steps by going to the USA embassy in your country. You can do this by following the steps below
- Fill out and complete the USA visa application form. This could be done online and a valid, passport, a copy of your employment petition, travel itinerary and other documents. Additional details may be requested
- Schedule and prepare for your interview with a consular officer to get your visa. The wait to get your visa will depend on your country’s embassy. There is a petition-based fee these fees are non-refundable during this stage, all your paperwork should be in order
- Now, you will need to attend your USA visa interview. Where you will be asked questions like why you want to go to the US, how long do you plan on staying and so forth?
- Finalize the paperwork for your visa and you will have to wait for at least 60 days for you to get your visa.
The US embassy in your country may have additional procedures so, make sure to ask for them when in the embassy or visit this link for more official details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked about USA work visa permit
- What types of visas are available for people to come to the united states. There are more than twenty non-immigrant visas for people to travel to the US temporarily. You can look at the list above to select the visa type of your choice
- I have my visa, I will be able to enter the U.S correct? Having your visa does not mean entry to the United States. It only allows you to travel to the U.S and from there you go through security which will determine if you will authorise or deny admission to the united states.
- My visa will expire while I am in the United States. Is there a problem with that? You do not have a problem as long as your period of stay has not expired.
Open for more explanatory details about the USA Work Visa.